Question about Cooking
Fruit, vegetables, meat
Here are the list of some r fruits and vegetables that are low in potassium.
Posted on Jan 09, 2020
Almost all foods have some of it, so the serving size becomes important. For a low-potassium diet avoid LARGE servings of
- whole grain bread, brans, granola
- sports drinks, all milk products, soy milk
- apricots, avocado, bananas, melons, oranges, pears, dried fruits
- baked beans, raw cabbage, raw carrots, olives, potato, pumpkin, spinach, tomatoes, most bean types
- clams, most fish, most beef types
- salt free soups, low-salt and salt substituted foods = avoid these completely
- peanut butter, peanuts, chocolate
Note that this list is NOT exhaustive and can be eaten in smaller quantities, 1/2 cup or so.
Low potassium foods are
- white flour and white breads
= cakes and pies without chocolate or high-K fruits or nuts
- apples, apricots, blackberries, cherries, grapes, mandarins, peaches (drain syrup off), pineapple, plums, strawberries
- asparagus, green beans, cooked cabbage and carrots, cauliflower, corn, eggplant, lettuce, fresh mushrooms (not canned), onions, green peas, zucchini
- chicken, turkey, tuna fish, eggs
- almonds, cashews (1 oz)
- cheddar chesse, cottage chess (1 oz)
Again this list is NOT exhaustive. For complete info see a dietician, or do an exhaustive Google search eg
Posted on Jul 24, 2016
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 25, 2017 | Health & Beauty
Sep 07, 2012 | Maytag MFD2560HES Bottom Freezer French...
Your Hotpoint fridge is designed to operate at a temperature ranging from 0.5 degrees in the coldest part up to 5 degrees inthe warmest part.
May 08, 2011 | Hotpoint Refrigerators
Feb 21, 2009 | GE PSS25SGN Side by Side Refrigerator
Jan 11, 2008 | Amana ARS2661BS Side by Side Refrigerator
2,640 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!