Question about Amazon Kindle Fire HD
It won't turn on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I think you might find this one useful
● Home button (bottom row of keyboard) – Return to Home menu
● Shift Alt R – Reboot the Kindle
● Shift Alt . (period) – Restart just the GUI (graphical user interface)
● Shift Alt G – Grab a screenshot. Screenshots can only be stored on an SD card. A .gif image file will be saved to the SD card.
● Shift SYM – Start a demo. Needs a special demo script on the SD card.
● Shift Alt M – Play Minesweeper
● Alt Z – Rescan your Kindle for pictures
● Alt T – Show the time
● Number Keys – Jump to that page of your Home menu (1 to jump to page 1, 2 for page 2, etc.)
If your Home menu is sorted by book name or author, start typing the name or author and the Kindle will jump to it.
While you’re reading
● Alt B – Set a bookmark or clear a bookmark previously set here
● Alt T – Display the time
● Alt 0 – Enable or disable a slideshow
● Alt 1 – Start the slideshow
● Alt 2 – Stop the slidehow
● Alt Next Page / Previous Page – Go to the next (or previous) annotation, or 5% forward (or backward)
● 411 – Run a diagnostics test and display technical information about your Kindle
● 511 – Run a loopback call test
● 611 – Perform a diagnostic data service call
● J – Show or hide justification options (left or full justification)
● Shift Alt 0 – Set the current picture as your screen saver.
● F – Make the current picture full-screen
● I – Move up
● J – Move left
● K – Move down
● L – Move right
● M – Mark a mine
● R – Restart with a new game
● Space – Open the current cell
● Select wheel – Move the cursor up and down
● Alt Select wheel – Move the cursor left and right
● H – Return to the Home menu
● Alt Backspace – Clear all text typed so far
● Alt H – Move cursor left, without deleting anything
● Alt J – Move cursor right, without deleting anything
● Alt 6 – Type a ? (question mark)
● Alt 7 – Type a , (comma)
● Alt 8 – Type a : (colon)
● Alt 9 – Type a ” (double-quote)
● Alt 0 – Type a ‘ (apostrophe)
● Alt 1 – Go to current location in Google Maps. This attempts to locate you by triangulating your location against nearby cell phone towers. Note that this doesn’t always find the correct location, and displays “NOT AVAIL, NOT AVAIL” as your location (or an incorrect address). You may be able to fix this by pressing Shift Alt R to reboot your Kindle.
● Alt 2 – Find nearby gas stations
● Alt 3 – Find nearby restaurants
● Alt 5 – Find whatever you type in nearby
● Alt D – Highlight the default item (or don’t)
● Alt Z – Draw zone (or not)
● Alt P – Start playing or pause playing
● Alt F – Skip to next song
These last few commands work in the search field. You only have to type enough of the word for it to be unique (for example, @wi is enough for Wikipedia).
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
Hold the power button to the right for 30 seconds. (Time them- not "One thousand one, one thousand two, ect." because this isn't precise enough.) This will reboot the Kindle and it should work. The reboot may take a while if it has been a long time since your last reboot.
Posted on Jan 03, 2012
If you live in the US, it will cost you $79 a year after your free trial has expired.
Posted on Nov 03, 2013
SOURCE: My kindle does charge up but its all according how yoy hook up charger to the port.Some how the charger needs to be in a certain position why after awhile i cant just put in the port to charge correct
I see a trend here, get another charger and be gentel with the cables they are fragle.
Posted on Dec 11, 2014
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2016 | Amazon Kindle Fire HD
Jun 06, 2014 | mid Archos M729B Android Tablet
Mar 18, 2013 | Archos 101 Internet Tablet 16GB 10.1"...
Dec 24, 2012 | Coco Android 2.1 Tablet (837121001186)
Sep 01, 2012 | Apple iPad (16 GB) WiFi Tablet PC
May 12, 2012 | RIM Blackberry Playbook 7Inch Tablet...
May 18, 2011 | Coby Kyros 716829701508 Tablet PC
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!