Question about ASUS Computers & Internet
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Can't get pass the logo screen
OK, this happened to me just yesterday, and I fixed it. Here's what you need to do.
1. Connect your iPAQ to your PC. You don't need ActiveSync, but you do need to make sure that your PC can actually communicate with your iPAQ.
2. Go to where you extracted the ROM update files. It's probably at "C:\iPAQ\SP26263" or something like that.
3. Download a hex editor. Here's one: http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm#download
4. Use the hex editor and open up H2B11020uo.nbf
5. Maximize the hex editor to full screen. Look at the right screen where it says "hp ipaq h1940 1.10.20 ENG". Fill up the top row with zeros. The words "hp ipaq h1940 1.10.20 ENG" will disappear.
6. Within "C:\iPAQ\SP26263", open up ROMUpdateUtility. It won't recognize your device (WHICH IS GOOD). Then you can reinstall the ROM update.
Posted on Mar 06, 2008
Try this site scroll down a bit:http://www.insidemylaptop.com/how-to-disassemble-asus-ux50v-laptop/
Have you tried to do a system restore? Maybe a "Cold Start", remove the AC plug, remove the AC plug, hold doen the on/off button for 10 seconds, replace battery, plug into AC outlet, re-boot. If that fails try again this time repeatedly tapping the F-8 key so you have options to restore/recovery etc.
Posted on Nov 02, 2012
Testimonial: "Thanks for the help Max! I see the cmos battery in pic 13!"
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 18, 2016 | Tablets & eReaders
Dec 25, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Nov 25, 2014 | ASUS VivoTab 32GB TF600T 10.1" Windows RT...
Aug 07, 2014 | ASUS VivoTab Note 8 M80TA-B1-BK 32 GB...
Oct 31, 2017 | ASUS VivoTab RT
Mar 28, 2014 | ASUS VivoTab 32GB TF600T 10.1" Windows RT...
Oct 26, 2013 | ASUS VivoTab RT
Nov 30, 2012 | ASUS VivoTab RT
Sep 20, 2017 | ASUS Computers & Internet
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!