Question about Tablets & eReaders
I am calling from my iPad. Could it be from where in my apt. I call. I hear her perfectly. Or is it my WiFi
There could be quite a few resons, so please check the following list. Not all of them might apply to your situation, but the all could cause sluggishness in your video conversation.
1. Make sure you are not obstructing the microphone with anything, including your hand. Usually the microphone is on the back side near the back side camera, and on the side near the volume buttons. You can check it's exact location by finding a tiny whole on the ipad body in these locations.
2. Check the wifi signal strength on the status bar. Having less than 3 bars means poor signal. That can really ruin call quality.
3. Try to make a voice only call on facetime. Video needs big data flow rates. If voice calling is good, but video call is bad, you or your talking partner may have a slugish internet connection.
4. If you are using mobile network for your internet/data connection it may become slugish from time to time. Mobile networks always prioritize phone calls over internet/data connection. So if lots of people are making phone calls on your area, yor data connection quality will drop, thus the facetime call using data connection will suffer the consequences by loosing quality.
5.Talking on facetime, or skype using video call is like streaming a video in realtime over internet, and it needs speedy and stable connection. If connection is bad, yor call may become sluggish.
6. Feedback prevention. Try to prevent the sound from your talking partner to get back to the microphone. Try wearing headphones.. Sometimes the sound is turned up so much that it gets back to the microphones, and in order to prevent causing a sound loop (the high piched sound you might heard eventually when people are using microphones on events) your ipad turns down your microphone for a short time trying to protect your ears :)
7. Try not to talk at the same time with your partner. When your partner is talking your microphone might be silenced. Because of what i described at point 6. Wait for your partners to finish their sentence and talk only after that.
Posted on Dec 26, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 15, 2016 | Tablets & eReaders
Did the following:
Hope this helps
Feb 20, 2015 | Apple iPad Mini
Feb 20, 2015 | Apple iPad (16 GB) WiFi Tablet PC
Feb 17, 2015 | Apple iPad Tablets & eReaders
Feb 03, 2015 | Tablets & eReaders
Jan 30, 2014 | Tablets & eReaders
Jan 30, 2014 | Apple iPad Mini
Dec 22, 2013 | Apple iPad Mini
Nov 23, 2013 | Apple iPad 64 GB WiFi
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!