Question about Toshiba Office Equipment & Supplies
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: RIBBON ERRORS
Ribbon error message is displayed when the rotation of the ribbon spindle is not performed or not correctly detected. This can be due to various factors.
- The ribbon roll is not correctly fitted to the spindle.
- The sensors detecting the rotation are out of order or completetly filled with dust or grease.
In this case clean the sensors.
Another reason may be due to Direct thermal printing with a ribbon mounted.
Posted on Sep 03, 2009
SOURCE: Zebra ZM600 - ribbon in error
Make sure the ribbon sensor is in the proper position and that there is nothing covering it, like a piece of label that came off and got stuck to the sensor. Here is a picture of where the sensor is located. Did you make sure you put the ribbon sensor plate back in? If not you will get this message.
Make sure the Print Method is correctly set! Although I exclusively use Thermal-Transfer (ribbon is loaded along with label stock) my 140xIII had Print Method set to Direct-Thermal and printed labels just fine. The only problem I could see was that the Ribbon In warning would not go away.
After changing the Print Method the warning went away and printing continues as before
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
PR-01726 Ribbon Out
Out of print ribbon.
Possible Cause 1 : The print ribbon Cartridge is empty.
Solution 1 : Reload the print cartridge. Change the cleaning sleeve and replace the cartridge in the printer. Run a cleaning card as soon as printing is completed.
Possible Cause 2 : The printer ribbon is not loaded correctly.
Soultion 2 :Load the printer ribbon correctly and then close the cover.
Possible Cause 3 : This ribbon has been completely used.
Solution 3 : Use a new roll of ribbon.
Tips for Success
* When this message appears, replace the old ribbon with the new ribbon of the same type. The printer has already prepared the card data for this ribbon type. You can change the colors of monochrome ribbon (such as from dark blue to gold).
* If you must change the type of ribbon (such as (YMCKT to KT) when this message appears, install the new ribbon, cancel any cards waiting to print, and change the ribbon type settings. Finally, return to the card creation program to send the card data to print.
* If the ribbon was repaired, the wrong take-up spool was used. Repair the ribbon again, using the correct take-up spool.
If you cannot fix the problem contact your service provider for assistance.
Posted on Nov 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
The amount of fixing motor current reached the specified
value due to torque-up of the pressure belt.
1. Confirm the current value is 80 (0.8 A) and below on
the service mode (COPIER> DISPLAY> FIXING> FXMTR8).
A. In case that the current value is "smaller than 80"
A-1. The pressure belt unit reaches to its life ->
replace the pressure belt unit
A-2. Faulty fixing unit drive gear -> replace the
A-3. Fault fixing motor (M48)
B. In case that the current value is "80 and larger"
B-1. Faulty fixing unit drive gear -> replace the
B-2. Faulty fixing motor (M48) -> replace the fixing
B-3. Fault relay PCB -> replace it
2. Clear the current value log of fixing motor on the
service mode (COPIER> FUNCTION> CLEAR> FX-LCLR)
Apr 12, 2016 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 27, 2014 | Toshiba TEC B-472 Thermal Label Printer
Apr 17, 2014 | Toshiba TEC Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 10, 2010 | Toshiba TEC B-882 Thermal Label Printer
Mar 16, 2010 | Toshiba TEC B-SX4 Thermal Label Printer
Dec 04, 2009 | Toshiba TEC B-472 Thermal Label Printer
Mar 02, 2009 | Toshiba TEC BSX5 Thermal Label Printer
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!