Question about Sony BRAVIA KDL-40V2500 40 in. LCD HDTV
Although sound selection for my Sony BRAVIA is set to "TV speakers", when I try to adjust the volume using either with the remote control or the TV panel controls, there is no change and a pop-up text box appears on lower left corner of the screen indicating sound is set to Audio System.
I'm also unable to change channels using the remote or channel controls on TV panel.
Everything was working fine with the TV an hour ago.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2018 | Sony Televison & Video
Dec 16, 2016 | Sony KDL-52XBR5 52 in. LCD HDTV
May 12, 2011 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40V3000 Television
Summary of picture settings
The following picture settings can be confi gured. Depending on the
format of the picture source, some picture settings are not available.
• [Auto Picture]: Sets all picture settings to the factory default.
• [Brightness]: Adjusts the intensity and details of dark areas.
• [Contrast]: Adjusts the intensity of bright areas, keeping dark areas
• [Color]: Adjusts color saturation.
• [Tint]: Adjusts the color balance in an image.
• [Sharpness]: Adjusts the level of sharpness in image details.
• [Color Temperature]: To set the color temperature to [Normal],
[Warm] or [Cool].
Summary of sound settings
The following sound settings can be confi gured. Depending on the
sound source, some sound settings are not available.
• [Auto Sound]: Sets all sound settings to the factory default.
• [Equalizer]: Adjusts individual sound frequencies.
• [Virtual Surround Sound]: This selects the modes for more spatial
or surround sound reproduction.
• [Auto Volume Leveling]: Reduces sudden changes in volume, for
example, during commercials or when switching channels. Select
[On] or [Off].
• [TV Speakers]: Select [On] or [Off], or output sound to an
EasyLink compliant device. When [Speakers EasyLink] is selected,
the TV speakers are disabled and TV sound outputs to the speakers
of the compatible EasyLink compliant device. Adjust the volume
using the unit's remote control.
Mar 08, 2011 | Philips 32PFL3505D 32 in LCD TV
Feb 17, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jun 29, 2010 | Sony Bravia KDL-46V4100 46 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 25, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2010 40 in. LCD...
Aug 21, 2009 | Sony Bravia KDL-46V4100 46 in. LCD HDTV
Jun 02, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA® DAV-HDX576WF Theater System...
Feb 28, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA® DAV-HDX576WF Theater System...
Jun 09, 2014 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40V2500 40 in. LCD HDTV
7,843 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: