Question about Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Wireless Keypad Model 976LM Security+
01. Power off or unplug the garage door opener motor (which is mounted on ceiling of the garage)
02. keep the garage door opener transmitter in your hand (do not press any button at this time)
03. In your 2006 Honda Accord EX (or any accord model with Homelink) press the 1st and 3rd homelink button together and hold it for 30-40 seconds (i.e., until the RED homelink light should blink fast, means erasing the existing programming on the homelink memory)
04. now hold the garage door opener transmitter closer (means within 1 inch) to the homelink button (either 1st or 2nd or 3rd) whichever you are planning to program to open the garage door
05. now press the garage door opener transmitter button and chosen homelink button together
06. the homelink button initially may blink slowly but after few seconds (may be 20-30 seconds) will blink fast; once it started blinking fast release from pressing both garage door opener transmitter and homelink button
07. Now plug or power on the main garage door opener motor (which is mounted on garage ceiling)
08. now press the homelink button which you programmed (may be you need to hold the button for RED homelink light to blink 2-3 times); if the garage door opens then the programming is successful (but mostly Honda Accord homelink and Chamberlain garage door opener it will not work - if it doesn't work follow the below steps)
Steps to further programming if the homelink button didn't work after successful programming:
01. On the main garage door opener motor (which is mounted on garage ceiling) press the "LEARN" button (once you press it may have yellow/orange color light; make sure the light is on) ; then within 30 seconds do the next step 2-4 very carefully
02. go to your car and press the homelink button you programmed and hold it for 4 seconds and then release it --> 1st iteration
03. again hold the same homelink button you programmed and hold it for 4 seconds and then release it --> 2nd iteration
04. again hold the same homelink button you programmed and hold it for 4 seconds and then release it --> 3rd iteration
05. Sometime during the 2nd iteration itself the garage door will open; if not on the 3rd iteration
Now the programming is completed and use the programmed homelink button for your use. Always it will take 2-3 blink on homelink RED light whenever you need to open or close the garage door and it is normal.
Hope this steps will help you to program chamberlain Garage door opener in 2006 Honda Accord Homelink.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2014 | Chamberlain UNIV GARAGE DOOR MONITOR
on May 29, 2010 | BMW 528 Cars & Trucks
Jul 13, 2014 | Building Materials
Jan 06, 2012 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Thanks for choosing Fixya!
Jan 12, 2011 | Chamberlain Powerdrive PD422D 1/2 HP...
Dec 19, 2010 | GMC Yukon XL Cars & Trucks
Jun 18, 2010 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
May 17, 2010 | liftmaster Chamberlain Garage Door Opener...
Feb 02, 2010 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Jan 18, 2010 | Universal Garage Wireless Keyless Entry...
6,957 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!