Question about Exercise & Fitness
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Do a Calibration on the treadmill. Take out the safety key. With 2 fingers, hold down the stop button and the speed up or spped plus button. keep holding them down as you insert the safety key, then let go of both.
Press the stop button 1 time, you should see all 0's in the windows, or EP 2P or something weird like that.
Press the Incline up button and then wait. If the incline go up until it stalls then down until it stalls the stops at the bottom, the you are recalibrated, take out the safery key and put it back in to see if all is well. If the incline takes off up again without touching a button, the you have wiring problems or control problems. Call service company to get it repaired.
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
i just called the manufacturer on this and found out i have a faulty control panel, but these are the steps they told me to go through to reset. If it works, then you are good, if not, you may also have a control panel issue.
1. plug in and turn on treadmill, keep red key out
2. press and hold the stop button and speed up button at the same time and hold them while you insert the red key
3. after red key is inserted, let go of both buttons
**CAUTION - be sure to stand on side bars of treadmill, clear of the belt for this next part bc it will go VERY FAST***
4. press stop button once
5. press speed up button until it reads 85 (see what i mean?!)
6. press stop button once
7. press incline down or up one time and it should get back into normal mode. mine just started a series of flashing lights and "8"s in all the "windows" so my panel needs to be replaced. here is the number i called - 1-877-993-7999. Good Luck!
Posted on Jan 06, 2010
SOURCE: Treadmill incline error
Try this, it fixed it for me, if it doesn't work let me know
I bought a used Precor 9.4 treadmill, but the incline adjustment was not working.
So, I did the following.
1. Turn off, unplug the treadmill and wait for an hour (this is for safety
2. Remove the black motor cover
3. Observe the transformer to the right of the motor and towards the belt ( I point to it in the video)
This transformer converts DC electricity to AC electricity and the AC current goes directly to the Incline motor which is in the black box towards the front of the machine.
4. On mine the wires had come loose from the transformer, they were soldered on very poorly, the wires are stiff and you should be able to see 4 wires coming from the top of the circuit board and plugging into the transformer, I had three of the 4 wires loose.
5. If you are not comfortable working with electronics or soldering DO NOT DO THIS REPAIR, you could get shocked very badly if you just go poking around in there with metal objects, get a friend who knows how to solder or hire someone.
6. It took about 5 minutes I just heated up my $10 soldering gun from radio shack and soldered all the loose wires that were about a millimeter away from the tabs on the back of the transformer, and VOILA! The incline now works!
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
E1 error code : Unplug unit remove motor shroud and check the distance between the speed sensor and the flywheel and ensure that the speed sensor is properly attached to the motor frame. Check also speed sensor connections.
Unplug the electrical cord from the wall outlet and from the treadmill, wait 1 minute and turn the power switch on again. If treadmill recovers to normal operation, you may continue to use the treadmill.
Check the motor brushes either they worn or not sitting properly
Posted on May 17, 2010
Testimonial: "very helpful thanks saved me lots of money "
SOURCE: treadmill proform model 831.29605.0 (proform xp 550e was working fine till I Changed the walk belt. After changing belt, display looked ok but treadmiil would non trurn on. Operated incline. incline
1) i recommend that you lube very well deck belt + rollers bearing
2) see the videos.
3) see the block
4) Try to RUN the software calibration, for troubleshooting.
5) measure the input voltage motor, if there are the motor need repair.
6) Measure the output voltage board, for input voltage board, if there are NOT, the board is faulty.
Posted on Jun 28, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2015 | Exercise & Fitness
Jan 08, 2015 | Sole Fitness F63 Treadmill
Aug 21, 2014 | Exercise & Fitness
Jan 30, 2011 | Nordic Track NordicTrack T5 zi Treadmill
May 16, 2010 | Exercise & Fitness
Jan 24, 2010 | Nordic Track NordicTrack Treadmill, A2550
Jan 05, 2010 | NordicTrack Exercise & Fitness
Apr 27, 2009 | Proform Sport 1000 Folding Treadmill...
Mar 22, 2009 | Exercise & Fitness
Jan 08, 2009 | Exercise & Fitness
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: