Question about Toshiba Televison & Video
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
CLEANING THE DISC LENS ? If this unit still does not perform properly although you refer to the relevant sections and to ?TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE? in this Owner?s Manual, the laser optical pickup unit may be dirty. Consult your dealer or an Authorized Service Center for inspection and cleaning of the laser optical pickup unit. FROM EWR20V5 OWNERS MANUAL FUNAI-CORP.COM
Posted on Jul 01, 2007
SOURCE: problem useing tdk dvd-rw
1. cleaning the laser lens with isopropilic alcohol and q-tip
2. Try the reset button on the bottom of the camera. Tilt your camera and look below the LCD Display Backlight button on the bottom edge of the curved portion of the camera. You will need a paperclip or tip of a ball point pen to push the recessed little button. Place the camera on a level surface and try again. We find that the camera is very sensitive to tilting, as it gets older.
3. Make sure you format format at was FAT not fat32
4. All you need to do is "Quick format" the disk with the CAMERA rather than the memry stick plugged into the computer drive.
5. For sony error c:1301 using mini cd's: there is a program that recovers data from cd's that works with disk that have this error. It called "cdroller" Homepage is : www.cdroller.com
6. just take the memory stick off and re-insert it lot of times.. just keep doing it.
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
SOURCE: Toshiba SD R2312 CD-RW/DVD-ROM
I have the same problem like you.one of the expert shared to me that my burner has faulted. I thing your problem is worse than mine cause I can still read cd rom vcd/ DVD files and movies. Just finfd new one that will give you quality output.
Posted on Oct 22, 2008
Try to use another freeware burnprogram like burnatonce to create an
other CD, just to check if the Combo-drive is writing properly.
If you don't get any error messages like the ones from Toshiba program, then the problem is the toshiba software.
If other burn programs find difficulties in accessing CDs or DVD-Rs
then the drive itself giving you a hard time and might seek for replacement.
You may find the toshiba exchange parts too expensive and the internal drive is still reading disks properly, then think about an external dvd-rw drive, but make sure to buy a highspeed USB one (or even firewire, if the laptop has the port), else it will run rather slowly.
Posted on Sep 07, 2009
SOURCE: SAMSUNG DVD R120 error EC:0207
I had exactly the same problem -- error message of "This disc can be neither played nor recorded. Please check the disk [EC:0207]" after the machine had been working fine for a year. I downloaded the latest firmware from the Samsung website, burned it to a CD-R disk (took three tries until the DVD Recorder recognized the disk -- worked when I used Rocio CD Creater software), then loaded the firmware updates to the DVD Recorder. On the Samsung website you can retrive the firmware update instructions as well. I had to perform the firmware upgrade several times until it successfully updated both the system firmware as well as the disk firmware. After successfully updating both, the Recorder now recognizes the DVD-R disks and I was able to resume recording. I have however, noted some choppiness with the playback of the newly recorded disks. Other than that, the firmware upgrade successfully resolved the problem.
Posted on Feb 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 20, 2018 | Televison & Video
Please dont forget to vote this answer was helpful and accept my answer.
Feb 14, 2011 | JVC DR-M1 DVD Recorder
Jan 14, 2011 | JVC DR-MX1 DVD Recorder/VCR
May 28, 2009 | Toshiba DRW2 DVD Recorder
May 19, 2009 | Toshiba DR4 DVD Recorder
Jun 11, 2008 | JVC DR-MV1S DVD Recorder/VCR
Feb 12, 2008 | Sylvania DVR90VE DVD Recorder/VCR
Dec 05, 2007 | Samsung DVD-R130 DVD Recorder
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!