Question about Samsung PS42P2S 42 in. Plasma Television

1 Answer

I am thinking of buying a 1 month old Samsung PS50B530 plasma tv which already has a buffer replaced. My question is would there be a greater chance for more problem in the future. The price difference with a new one is 20%. And since there is no headphone connection, would I be able to connect an headphone in another way? Thanks!

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 100 times.

    Novelist:

    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 157 Answers

The refurbished TV do sometimes have a slightly higher chance of failing in the future but often it is negligible. The only real difference is that the warranty for a refurbished TV is only 90 days as opposed to a full 1 year manufacture's warranty.

What you could do is go from the audio out of the TV into a tuner and go out from the tuner that has a headphone output. You could also simply find plug that converts the audio out coaxial into a headphone jack from a electronics store. You will need to go into the options and turn the TV speakers OFF every time you want to just use the headphones however.

Posted on Nov 09, 2009

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya

6ya staff

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE:

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Samsung plasma model s43ax-yb08. have stand by light but screen does not light up. VS & SVT_Vs Voltage not going to what is listed on tv. Does the powerboard, mainboard or Y board need replacement


Plasma TV's are very difficult to repair. You will need a power supply....and two buffer boards. The buffer boards are on the left and right. If you install the power supply only.......the buffer boards will take it down. And the Y board is not out of the question. The headache and expense is not worth the repair. I just saved your stress. By all means recycle this and buy new. Thanks for asking, Matt of Martins TV.

Oct 01, 2018 | Samsung Televison & Video

1 Answer

Samsung Plasma 42" TV Screen problem


panel migth be bad, connection/connector on it might have loosen up already! it it has a warranty then return it at once and ask for a new one! its what you've paid for.

Nov 18, 2007 | Samsung SPN4235 42 in. Plasma HDTV

1 Answer

If this is another thing where I have to pay to get info then I'll just say thanks anyhow. I'm 61 years old and just unemployed so I can't honestly afford to pay you. If you trust in human nature I'll do...


Hello rwstv,
Thick line appear on screen because of devective buffer pcb, open and clean the conector may solve that problem. But it's not only from buffer pcb, panel itself can cause line.
My suggestions is, clean the buffer pcb conector with brush, if still not working, you may try to replace buffer PCB. But it still not work, panel must be changed.
Good Luck.

Apr 19, 2011 | Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV

1 Answer

Got sound but picture is black


Tries unplug,replug the cable or satalite boxes back like about an hour later,for those pay boxes to reboot and upgraded it software,tv now might work again,but if still have the same problems.The tv X or Y buffers boards are dead or both.These 2 long buffers boards are to the right and to the left of the tv to provide the tv Plasma screen panel to have a backlight to produce a picture on the tv Plasma screen panel.Try website like Ebay.com to buy those 2 long refurbishes X or Y or both long buffers boards for the replacement.

Apr 02, 2011 | Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV

2 Answers

I have a 50 inch samsung plasma tv that i think


You would need to purchase a complete new screen as it is not practical or economic to have this done. I would suspect your fault could be a poor connection from the buffer board to that section of the screen or most likely, as you state, the screen is at fault. It is now just as reasonable to buy a new TV than to have the screen replaced

Jan 10, 2010 | Samsung PS50A466 50 in. Plasma HDTV-Ready

1 Answer

Power turns off right away


Its correct, Sony is no more selling plasma and I think many companies has already shut plasma production and CRT TV as well.
All TV manufacturers are busy in LCD TVs.

Jan 17, 2009 | Sony WEGA KE-50XS910 50 in. HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

Sony Plasma tv Vertical varied coloured changing stripe just to left of centre screen


95% chance its a Y buffer board. Good news is a new buffer board is no more that $40 and easy to swap out.. 4% chance its the main controller board, 1% chance the panal is dead.. Have seen this all the time and its allways the buffer board that goes bad. Check ebay for the replacment part.

Aug 12, 2008 | Televison & Video

6 Answers

Black out?!?!?


I finally got information from the repair shop. Apparently it is the upper and lower panel drive. The parts are supposedly not more than a couple hundred dollars, though I'll let you know when I get the bill. I do want to say that Hitachi was great when I called them. Even though my plasma is out of warranty by a few months, they agreed to pay for parts if I pay for labor. That just might keep me buying Hitachi products despite the issues I've had with my 2 plasmas.

Jun 05, 2008 | Hitachi 55HDS69 55 in. Plasma Television

1 Answer

R4252 No picture, sound OK Y-Drive buffers overheating


Try to replace the Logic Board, about 50% chance to fix the problem.

Jan 04, 2008 | Samsung HP-R4252 42 in. Plasma HDTV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Samsung PS42P2S 42 in. Plasma Television Logo

101 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Samsung Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76173 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1691 Answers

Ekse

Level 3 Expert

13434 Answers

Are you a Samsung Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...