When we give a print but signals are going to printer but output nil
First I'm not a printer tech, but I have similar problems with my new wireless Cannon Ink jet printer MG3022 (purchased 2018)
* It takes a lot (I mean a LONG) time for the CPU to process each page to be printed. I believe the printer has to have an image created for each page. Yeah, EACH page! That means if you want 5 copies of the same item. the computer will have to create 5 images and send them wire less to the printer. BUT, it won't print the first page until all the image processing is done. This is a real pain if your in a hurry. Best solution is to print one page, Prof read it (as it may have errors and you have to start all over again.). Once approved and time willing, go ahead and process multiple copies.
* Do Not load up the print queue as this will make the print processing times even worse as it still won't print the first page unless all the processing is done.
* Don't forget to clear the print queue if your cancelling the print as it's taking too long and you walk away from the printer. It will keep processing the images at a later date and slow down the computer as it works on it in the background. Many times I've wondered what slows down the computer only to find 20 pages being process and not properly cancelled from the queue. (mostly kids homework...humm.. if they did not print it. How did they turn it in?)
* Keep an eye on the printer options; Draft mode and Monochrome is the fastest setting on most printers. If this quality is adequate for your use then use it if your hurried for time. (it also saves on ink)
* Wire less printers are finiky about having a good connection. Note that the signals are usually sent to the router and then back to the printer. I have my laptop (Lenovo purchased 2018) right next to the printer but if the router is slow (too many kids on the router) then signals get delayed and sometimes the computer will error on time out for slow connection. Suppositly there is a direct wireless connection but I've found that if the router is down or slow the printer won't work.
* FYI, I had to get a new laptop (this one) in order to get the printer (new cannon) to work as my original Epson printer got a "printer too old" error. (and I had that one for 5 years with refillable ink wells too!) Now stuck with buying new ink packs every month.
* I know this is not a real answer but I hope by keeping the copies to minimum (and using a real copy machine to make copies.). Using the lowest quality print required. This may help you reduce your wait times.
PS on the off chance everything is connected, processed, and printer is fully filled with new ink, cleaned, Head aligned, good to print. Then you may have a bad; Computer(wireless section bad though unlikely), No wireless LAN connection(or wrong LAN system, as office buildings have multiple systems ans lots of printers.), or just a bad printer. Get help from IT tech to identify the clogged line or bad equipment. If your using a home set up, try to delete the printer and reload the driver and install the printer again to the computer and LAN set up.
May 11, 2018 |
PRINTER Office Equipment & Supplies