Question about Insignia NS-BRDVD Blu-Ray Player
This worked for my NS-BRDVD2-CA, basically the same model as yours.
1. Turn on the player.
2. Press the home/setup button and release. Enter 9-1-1-3 on the number pad.
3. "Configure player" appears in the wheel menu to the left of the screen. Using the up or down arrow button on your remote, navigate to it and press enter.
4. Three menus appear on a blue screen in the centre of the set: DVD Region, BD Region, and BD Profile. Select the one you want and press enter.
5. A grey screen appears in the centre showing the various regions. Navigate to the one you want and press enter.
6. Exit the grey menu by pressing the left arrow key, then press it again to exit the blue menu. The screen will appear as it did in step 3 before you pressed enter.
7. Open the drawer and put in your foreign disc. Wait a little bit. When it's ready, the disc's main menu appears. Play it like you would any disc.
8. Voilà! Consider yourself fortunate: You're now able to play foreign DVDs and Blu-rays on your cheap North American player.
P.S. Remember that you have to do this every time you want to play a foreign DVD, because when it's shut off the player automatically defaults to Region 1 for DVDs and Region A for Blu-rays (i.e. North America for DVD and the Americas for Blu-ray). The "configure player" menu disappears sometimes, too; to see it again, simply re-perform the "home/setup, 9-1-1-3" hack.
Posted on Nov 28, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2011 | Insignia NS-BRDVD Blu-Ray Player
Dec 31, 2010 | Insignia NS-BRDVD Blu-Ray Player
Jul 15, 2010 | Insignia NS-BRDVD Blu-Ray Player
Jun 28, 2010 | Televison & Video
Apr 20, 2010 | Insignia NS-BRDVD Blu-Ray Player
Mar 18, 2010 | Insignia NS-BRDVD Blu-Ray Player
Feb 09, 2010 | Insignia NS-BRDVD Blu-Ray Player
Jan 21, 2010 | Insignia NS-BRDVD Blu-Ray Player
Jan 14, 2010 | Insignia NS-BRDVD Blu-Ray Player
807 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: