Question about Lexmark E340 Laser Printer
I have replaced the photoconductor kit, but cannot reset the printer. The box did not include paper with directions to reset.
Reset Procedure(s) after installing new photoconductor kit
Resetting the Lexmark E340/342 (display type) machines
1) Turn the printer off
2) While still off, press and hold the SELECT and RETURN buttons.
3) Keep both buttons pressed, and turn the printer on. Continue to hold both until either “Performing self test” or “Config menu”
appears on the display.
4) Release the two buttons
5) RESET PC CNT should now show on the display. If it does not, press the left or right menu buttons until it does.
6) Press the SELECT button once. “Resetting PC Cnt Value” should show on the display.
7) When the display shows CONFIG MENU again, turn the printer off.
8) Turn the printer back on. (Do not hold any buttons down this time). The printer is reset.
You can confirm the counter was reset by printing a “menu settings page”.
Posted on Oct 24, 2008
Fehler: Weniger Toner nach dem Fühllung des Cartridge.
Posted on Jun 23, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2013 | Lexmark E230, E232, E234, E238, E240,...
Oct 01, 2010 | Lexmark E332n Laser Printer
Sep 15, 2010 | Lexmark E342n Laser Printer
Apr 14, 2010 | Lexmark E340 Laser Printer
Sep 14, 2009 | Lexmark E250d Laser Printer
Dec 20, 2008 | Lexmark E232 Laser Printer
Sep 25, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 28, 2008 | Lexmark E340 Laser Printer
Dec 17, 2007 | Lexmark E340 Laser Printer
Aug 12, 2007 | Lexmark E238 Laser Printer
6,060 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!