Question about SMC EZ Connect g SMCWEBT-G
SMC - A wonderful choice...
1. Update firmware of your WEBT-G
2. Make note of SSID and channel of your ADSL Router
3. Change encryption of router to WEP and set the WEP key.
1. Change to repeater mode (operating mode)
2. Change SSID and Channel to match SSID and Channel of ADSL Router
3. under Wireless Settings, Channel and SSID, check if wireless mode is 11b/g mixed mode
4. under wireless Settings, WDS, click on Scan - you will see a list of wireless devices (or just one device - your ADSL router), select 'Enable WDS' option here
5. Under Security option, Select WEP and set the WEP key (the key should be same as the WEP key in your ADSL Router)
This should do it... Hope it works - good luck.
Posted on Jun 12, 2008
You make a device into ap mode you can get it
Posted on Jun 10, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 14, 2012 | Zyxel Communications NBG416N 11N 150N Wlan...
The reason why people use a Encore wireless repeater is because some wireless remote client computers are out of range from the main network's access point (wireless router), or the wireless client is in the dead spot or the device you want to share to the network have no wireless interface card.
The function of a wireless repeater is basically to extend the wireless signal coverage. Wireless repeater does not authenticate, screen, secure, connect to the internet, give IP address to clients, broadcast names, etc., these are the wireless router's job. Repeater only repeats what the main wireless router does to the wireless clients.
1. Hooking up hardware connections:
As of this moment your repeater is not connected to any router or network. It has to be configured further to be able to be connected to your current network and access point router.
3. Connecting your Repeater to your existing network access point or router:
If you are using Windows 7 and your existing access point security wireless is set to WPA2 (AES), make sure your Windows 7 wireless security type properties is set to WPA2-Personal. To check go to Windows 7 Wireless Network Connection, look for your REPEATER router, right-click on it then click Properties, check the settings in the "Security" tab.>
When checking the wireless site survey, you may see two routers with the same SSID (names), these are your Access Point and the REPEATER tied together. This also means you are within the reachable range of both Access point and REPEATER.
5. To check the Repeaters user interface
At this moment, the Repeater is invisible to any client. The client's IP address is drawn from the DHCP server most likely to be also your wireless router. Therefore the IP address of the repeater is also invisible to the clients. Follow steps below:
May 15, 2012 | Encore Enhwi-2an3 Wireless-n Router
Nov 19, 2009 | Sony Computers & Internet
Oct 02, 2008 | D-Link AirPremier DWL-3200AP, AirPlus G...
Oct 02, 2008 | Trendware TEW-630APB (TEW630APB)
Sep 10, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Sep 05, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Range Extender...
Feb 12, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G710 Wireless Range...
Oct 31, 2007 | 3Com OfficeConnect (3CRWE454G75)...
3,917 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: