My Honeywell HCM-315T will not turn on. No lights, nothing. Is there a fuse or switch that I can replace? Other ideas?
Very first thing. If it won’t turn on, unplug it, and check the cord....especially if you have, or have had, a rabbit that has already chewed through every other wired devices you have ie: TV, satellite dishes, DVD players, other electrical cords.
I got my humidifier year before last and only used it a few times that year. Our humidity was fine until now, so the humidifier was still new as far as I was concerned. I checked every online help suggestion before I remembered Buster. Sure enough....exposed and partially chew wiring. I thanked God that I hadn’t been shocked.
Thank you, Daddy, for teaching this 70 year old grandma how to splice wiring and install other electrical wiring when I was a teenager. I miss you so much.
CAUTION: UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY HOW TO SPLICE WIRING DON’T THINK YOU CAN FIGURE IT OUT. TAKE YOUR APPLIANCE TO A SPECIALIST TO GET A BRAND NEW WIRE PLACED ON YOUR APPLIANCE. I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH. IN FACT, TAKE IT TO AN ELECTRICIAN ANYWAY.
on Sep 28, 2019